Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Obligatory First Post

Hi!  A few things you need to know before proceeding with this blog.

1. It's a Sims 3 blog.

2. I swear a lot. I also talk to my sims. If I talk directly to them, I'll use blue text, just to better differentiate from them talking to each other.

3. While I have EA's default skin (as in Ken and Barbie naked), I do use a decensor mod, so the Ken and Barbie naked is out there for all and sundry.

4. The purpose of this blog is my own amusement.  If you enjoy it, great.  If not, there's a ton of other Sims blogs out there, I'm sure you'll find your bliss.  No harm, no foul.

For those who are still here, Welcome!  This is going to be what I've termed, a Shithouse ISBI.  If you don't know what an ISBI is, you can read about it here. I won't be following all those rules to the letter.  A few changes I've made include:

I can command non-torchholders, teen on up, to take a charisma class as it's the one skill it seems they can't learn on their own.

If I can roll for a trait, I will.

I may make and drop a spouse into the game.  I try not to but I have Twallans Story Progression, which means sims are only ever single for a microsecond, and constantly breaking up other couples gets annoying.

I must keep the gravestones of former torchholders on the lot, all others may go to the graveyard.

Now for the Shithouse part.  All it really means is that, no matter how much money they accumulate, my sims have to live in a crappy house.  Here's the specs,

House:  May have no more than 2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom, 1 kitchen, 1 living room, and one rec room/outdoor living area.  The entire living space (including outdoor space, basements, and other floors) cannot exceed 15x20, or 300 squares. This does not include parking spaces, gardens, or ponds. You are not married to a particular town or lot, and may move at any time.

May only use the cheapest items available to get the job done.  For example, if your sim needs athletic, you may only buy the boombox or baseball. There is no limit to the number of items you can have (save decorative items) but you must always purchase the cheapest or lowest rated option.

You may buy the cheapest tv that provides the cooking/fishing/gardening channels.

For rated items (like beds) you do not need to get the cheapest BUT you must get the lowest rated. Same for plumbing, go with the lowest rated item. If they are all rated the same, buy the cheapest one. You may buy a dishwasher, but it must be the cheapest one as it gives Sims a negative moodlet.

If your sim wishes for a more expensive item, you may buy the item to get the points but must immediately sell it again.

You may not have any items that raise fun unless they also raise a skill, and they must be the cheapest item that raise that skill.

Paintings/sculptures/inventions, any item your sim can make that adds to your home’s environment score must be sold.

Any items your sim earns through their job must be sold.

No decorative items that are worth more than 1 point.  May have no more than 10 decorative items total (not counting 0 pt items).

May decorate with any flooring or wall coverings that don’t carry environment points.

May use any landscaping items that don’t have an environment rating.

No fire or burglar alarms.

That's it. I'm doing this on normal life span, and it will be a 7 generation game, ending when the first child of the 7th generation becomes a young adult. It's also a rainbowacy, with each generation being assigned a color.  The colors are red, yellow, green, blue, purple, pink, and black. I'll roll a die to determine what color each generation will be.  The founder will be blue. I have the moon set on one phase, no zombies.  And while supernaturals and pets may appear in my game, I have them really limited by Story Progression.

There is a point system, which is as follows;

Your TH achieves their LTW: +10
A NTH  in the household achieves their LTW: +20
Every time you may roll a trait for a sim: +5
A NTH reaches the top of their full-time career: +5
A NTH maxes a skill: +5
Your TH maxes a skill: +2
Every child born: +1
Twins born: +5
Triplets born: +10
Every pet: (+15 for a puppy/kitten/colt, +10 for an adult, +5 for an elder), the baby points are for        adoption and home bred pets.
Every 100,000 simoleons (in cash only): +5
Every 50,000 in LHP your TH has when the torch is passed: +5
Your TH/former TH fails to achieve their LTW before death: -20
Every fire: -5
Every fight: -5
A child/teen fails school: -5
A sim gets fired: -10
The social worker takes children away: -20
The social worker takes pets away: -10
Pee Fails: -5
Passouts (from needs, not fear or boredom): -5
Premature death: -20
Premature death of a non-active on your lot: -10
Getting rid of a pet: -15


If you would like to continue, you can start reading here.



No comments:

Post a Comment